Monday, July 17, 2017

What is the real point of communication?

Hi Beloved Ones -



And we continue this "communication" thing --- This picture of Derek kissing his little cousin, Jackson comes to mind.  He is building relationship - loving on his cousin - demonstrating his love - Do I demonstrate my love to Paul?

So,  I bring up  and ponder more quotes from Chapter 10 in "The Twelve Pillars" by Jim Rohn and Chris Widener....

Listen to this --

"Communication is hard!!! But one of the reasons that it is hard is because so many people aren't looking at it as a practice wherein two people are trying to find common ground."
(my thinking here ---
What a novel idea!!!  Communicating to find common ground rather than MY ground!!!)

"Most of the time, each person is fighting to get the other person to give up their ground and come over to his or her ground. Then it is a turf battle instead."
(Reflect here my friends --
Is this sentence above describing your perspective???)

(A "TURF BATTLE!" I have been there -- lots in fact!!!! I just didn't know that's where I/we were! Where I, perhaps, took us????)

"Instead (of a "turf battle")
each should look for the COMMON GROUND."
(What a novel idea!!!!
Common Ground??? - Is it possible??)

And so I ask you to ponder this with me --and with your partner.......

To clarify;  Our homework is this - When you have your date-night, ask you spouse -
Do I "feed" a turf battle or do I build "common ground????"

Onward, Upward and Outward!

No comments:

Post a Comment