Sunday, July 12, 2009

More about the "plumb lines"......


I just returned from my oldest son's wedding week. He and his bride are so good together. They have started to establish those "plumbs" to keep their relationship strong and sure!

Their wedding was at the beach in South Carolina. It was beautiful. The ocean amazing....but it made me ponder again, this idea of establishing plumb lines for our marriage relationships. The ocean- the undertow- was constantly pulling me away from our spot on the beach. I had to look up often and get myself back to the right spot. If I forgot to look up, I lost plumb. And, it was harder to return. And, I have to admit, I got scared sometimes when I realized how far away from plumb that I was!
So beloved ones - keep looking up! Keep marking off the "plumb lines" for your marriages. You will be blessed - I promise. This is "tried and true" advice!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, and not only because it has something to do with our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it is neat that it came to me while i was at the beach for your wedding!!! And it is so true.... establish those plumb lines. it really helps!

    ReplyDelete