Sunday, September 27, 2009

The greatest needs and hopes of a woman...

As I continued to read from Mr. Scott's book, "The Richest Man Who Ever Lived," I found a section on pages 46 -48 that I felt compelled to share with my beloved children, friends, readers....

Mr. Scott relates that "According to relationship expert, Dr. Gary Smalley, the four greatest needs of a woman are 1) emotional and physical security, 2) the need for regular and consistent communication, 3) nonsexual touch, and 4) romance. Each night when a husband comes home, his wife (sometimes without even knowing it) hopes that these needs and desires (hopes) will be addressed and fulfilled. They want to feel the security of his love and commitment; the safety of being able to express their feelings and opinions without being interrupted or criticized.....They want to feel valued for who they are, and not just for what they do.

And how do husbands defer their hopes?"

As I read this exerpt I pondered about this idea of deferred hopes. Do I need those things that Dr. Smalley talks about being my four greatest needs? I do know that when my husband understands my needs and acknowledges them, that our relationship moves forward in a stronger way. I also wonder, what are my husband's greatest needs? Do I defer his hopes?

Check out my next post, as I write about men's greatest needs as per Dr. Gary Smalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment