Sunday, September 27, 2009

The greatest needs and hopes of a man...




"According to Dr. Smalley, the greatest needs of a man are 1) to feel respected and admired, 2) to be loved and desired, and 3) to enjoy sexual intimacy regularly and consistently. His hope is that his intimate encounters with his wife will reflect her desire rather than her obligation. Unfortunately, this hope is often deferred until he first fulfills his wife's hopes and needs." (pg. 47, "The Richest Man Who Ever Lived" by S. K. Scott)







In the post before this one, I relayed a woman's greatest needs. They do not match a man's greatest needs. This difference in expectations can wreak havoc in any marriage. When our expectations are not met, our hopes get squashed. Unless we each make the other's hopes, needs, desires, and concerns a top priority we will have a mediocre marriage. I do not want a mediocre marriage. I want a marriage that my children and my children's children can count on as foundational for their families and relationships.


Oh Beloved ones, take the time and energy to fulfill the hopes of your spouses rather than deferring them.


Remember -

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick: But desire fulfilled, is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12


Have I told you beloved readers that I love you lately??? well i do.. and i pray for you regularly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment